Radioircd is an experimental IRC server introducing a channel based radio group chat, which is easy to use with any IRC client.
The radioircd chat protocol is based on AX.25. Additionally, radioircd supports direct messages to other stations as well as bulletin and announcement messages. Radioircd aims to be compatible with APRS and can utilize existing APRS infrastructure.
This software has been developed for HAM radio amateurs, but can also be used on other radio bands, e.g. on citizen band (CB) data channels, as long as you are permitted to use these bands.
For transmitting to and receiving from the radio band, the server connects via KISS over TCP to a TNC (which of course needs to be connected to a transceiver).
- 2020-12-20: Version 0.5
- Updated install script to use Moonbridge version 1.1.2
- 2020-12-20: Version 0.4
- Bugfix for hosts which do not support IPv6
- 2018-12-23: Version 0.3
- Fixed version number in MOTD banner
- Verify checksums of dependencies in install.sh
- 2018-12-22: Version 0.2
- Set default path to WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1
- Bugfix: Show messages of other local users in channels while being on air
- 2018-12-22: Initial release of version 0.1